Disclaimers:
1) The following is fiction, any relation to persons alive or dead, and/or events past, present, or future are purely coincidental.
2) Some chapters may contain subject matter not suitable for all readers (including sexualized descriptions, gay themes, and nudity).
3) Some chapters may have spelling and grammatical errors, this is due to minimal editing done between creation and posting. Please do not nitpick on these errors.

Thursday 20 September 2007

BTC 7: Tears of Joy

Joe Trebble and the Bio Tech Conspiracy
Chapter 7: Tears of Joy


Joe and Christie sat panting at the table.

“I’ve not danced like that in ages. Thanks for suggesting it,” Christie said over the din of the club, once she caught her breath.

“Thanks for showing me this place. Do you care to go to a more quiet spot now?” Joe asked.

The club was beginning to creep him out. Not the club itself, but a couple of guys in the club. He’d over heard a couple of snippets of their conversations, and although he disapproved of the things they said, and their apparent attitude on people, it was a look, a movement, something that told Joe that for Christie’s sake, and his own, it would be best to get out of there soon, and discretely.

“Yeah, sure. I hope you still like poetry. There’s a great after hours cafĂ© that has some dark poetry readings Friday nights around this time.”

Joe looked at Christie, with the look of ‘Why ask, of course I do’ before getting up and heading out of the club.

“Oh nice to get out of that din,” Christie commented.

Joe nodded. The guys in the club made Joe realise that there were some things he’d have to hide from Christie, and some he’d have to tell her. One, his relationship, should come soon.

“There is something I have to tell you,” Joe said opening the car door for her.

Getting in his car, Joe turned to Christie. “Christie, a lot has happened since I left, some I’m not ready to tell, some I can’t say, but there is something important you must know. As I said I can’t be your prince, well part of it is I’m already someone else’s prince.”

“Oh Joe. I’m glad for you.”

“You’re not upset?”

“Why should I be? How serious is it?”

“We’ve been friends for ever, and I could definitely see our parents wanting us to get married. I do love you, but as a sister, as family. As for how serious my relationship is . . . Well marriage is a possibility, but our careers limit that at the moment. Are you sure you’re alright?” Joe asked seeing tears in Christie’s eyes.

“Yeah, I’m just so happy for you and well, happy you still love and care for me. Now you have to tell me all about her. She's going to move here too, right?”


No comments: